SARAH TEVIS POTEET, DDS
Dr. Sarah Tevis Poteet is a native Texan from Waco. She graduated from Texas Tech University and then went to dental school where she earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She was one of a select few to also complete an Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency, where she acquired training in complex restorative cases, implants, sedation, and surgery.
Dr. Sarah Poteet is a member of many prestigious dental organizations including the American Dental Association (ADA), Texas Dental Association (TDA), Dallas County Dental Society (DCDS), American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH), Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), American College of Dentists (ACD), International College of Dentists (ICD), International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), and American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM).
In addition to her busy practice, Dr. Poteet volunteers her time with the Women’s Junior League of Dallas. She is also a member of Munger Place Church. She is married to Bryan Poteet, and they have a daughter named Adelle “Elle”.
Dr. Poteet has received many accolades for her involvement in dentistry.
- Chair of the 2022 Southwest Dental Conference
- Board of Directors and President-Elect for the Dallas County Dental Society
- The “New Dentist Leadership Award” from the Texas Dental Association (TDA) 2011
- Delegate to the Texas Dental Association and American Dental Association
- Past Chair of the American Dental Association’s Council on Communications
- Bale/Doneen Method Preceptorship in Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) in 2010
- Johnson & Johnson’s “Remarkable Woman Award” in 2003
- Appeared on ABC’s “The View” with Barbara Walters in 2003
- Consumers Research Council of America’s “America’s Top Dentists” Award 2005, 2010-2018
- Named “New Dentist of the Year”, by the Dallas County Dental Society in 2007
- Recognized as one of the “Best Dentists” in Dallas, by D-Magazine in 2007, 2013-2022
- “Patients’ Choice Award” by American Registry, LLC
- Listed in Texas Monthly’s Texas Super Dentists®, 2013-2021
“We invite patients of all ages to come and experience comprehensive dental care in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere”.